Friday, January 30, 2009

Funny story... to everyone else.

I guess I can see the humor in it, but I wish there were nothing to laugh at. Last night when I started dinner, Dan yelled from the other room, "is somebody burning something?" Sadly, this is a true story. Even more pathetic, I didn't have to answer. Joshua pops up, "No Daddy, Mommy's just cooking!" So embarassing... My four year old son has to eat what I burn everyday, poor kid. But, today was better. I made lunch, completely on my own. There was no burning, not even a burning-type smell. AND, my family all liked it! It was amazing! Typically the only time I don't burn or otherwise destroy our meals is when I make sandwiches, and that isn't a joke. I keep thinking I'll get better at this whole wife, mother, patron saint of cleaning thing, but it doesn't seem to hold... On a higher note, our dishwasher is functioning again. For a while Dan refused to fix it, claiming that the one we were currently using was in perfect working order. For those who are not used to Dan, or maybe are not as quick with the inappropriate female bashing, he was referring to me as the dishwasher. I know, men are, well, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails