Thursday, December 11, 2008

Have to start somewhere...

I considered starting our family blog by going back and talking about how we got here. That seemed like a lot of work and I am far more interested in talking about now:) So, I am going to start with where we are and what we are all up to and whatever else pops into my head that I feel like sharing. And since I am currently on percocet and Ibuprofen, antibiotics, etc., it could be anything. (Some sort of virus is attacking me!)

For those who don't see us regularly, I suppose I will give a short update. We have three kids, yes I am still married to Daniel, though he is hard to spend time with. Not because I don't like him, he's just busy:)

Dan is taking several college courses, is doing field internships/clinicals, works full time, and still finds time to spend with us and fix up the house. He's one-of-a-kind.

Michael, 6, is in first grade and is starting to think girls are cute, mostly older girls. He is taking piano lessons and tumbling, loves math, and wants us to do all of the reading for him.

Joshua, 4, thinks the world is his stage. He dances everywhere he goes and is more dramatic than most teenage girls. He takes jazz and likes to change clothes 5 times a day (he always matches too:).

Alexandra, 2, is my little girly girl. If you tell her she is a girl, she argues and says she's Princess Alexandra. She thinks the world is just hers and that she should have everyone's attention just because! But she gets shy with all eyes on her:) She collects shoes, sings all day, and loves to paint.

And if you haven't figured it out yet, and are wondering what I do, this is it! I write about what the rest of my family is doing:) I also take lots of pictures of them and tell them all what to do! Honestly, I love it!


I guess a short update on 5 people is actually kind of long, so I'll just tell a story or two.


We have had issues lately with Alexandra's choice in clothing. Mainly because she doesn't want to wear any. Getting ready to leave the house a few days ago, Dan told her to get dressed(she was wearing only panties.) She replied "Oh, I need socks and shoes!" -"No, you need to put on pants and a shirt and then your socks and shoes." says Daddy -"OK!" she said with a big smile, excited to make her daddy happy. This is how she came back out. And yes, that is snow outside!

And then there is Joshua who seems to be in a continuous cartwheel. I'm not sure how he does it, but practically everytime I look at him, he is upside down. In the grocery store, at Michael's school, at church... I thought tumbling would be good for the boy; he could learn balance and coordination. Now, I don't know, it's like I really do have a monkey for a son!

Well, I told one about the other two... Today we made cupcakes to take to Michael's class movie day. I made a few extra ones, because I figured the kids would want to try them when the were done. But Michael said he wanted to save them so that if there was someone in his class who didn't have money for anything like that at home, they could take his extra one. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails