Sunday, May 10, 2009

Only a toddler... M's Day morning.

I got a super special present yesterday morning from Alex! Lol, not one I wanted:) I was fixing her hair for church and realized I had left the bobby pins in another room. So, I told her to stay put (sitting on the counter, I know... terrible Mommy)... I got to the other end of the house and all the sudden hear panicked, shrieking screams!

(Oh God, oh God, what happened!?)

I reach her, still on the counter, with a terrible look on her face.

"Mommy, I put something in my nose!"

"What was it baby?" as I try to look in her nose and she tries to grab my hands to make me get it out.

Well, I see something white, pretty high up there!

(Oh no, a trip to the hospital? I'm the nursery director, and it's Mother's Day; I have to be there! I planned a M's Day project and everything!)

Desperately, I search the counter trying to figure out what it could have been. Underneath one of her chubby little legs is a tin of mini Altoids!

(OUCH! That must hurt something fierce!)

She starts crying again... I get a tissue and encourage her to blow...

It's too emotional, "I can't do it, Mommy!"

Tears spill over her cheeks and her nose starts to run...

'PLOP!'

There it is, that tiny white mint... my first Mother's Day gift:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails